You will need:
- A standard deck of 52 cards (a deck without jokers)
- Young people.
- An amount of spoons one less than the amount of young people.
- Arrange the spoons in a small circle in the center of the table and deal four cards to each player.
- Each player tries to make four of a kind (i.e. four Aces, Twos, etc.) The dealer takes a card off the top of the deck to have five cards in their hand, removes one and passes it face down to the left. Each player discards to the person on their left.
- This continues until someone gets four of a kind, who then shouts “Spoons!” and takes a spoon from the center.
- Once the player with four of a kind takes a spoon, anyone can take a spoon.
- The last person to take a spoon will have no spoon to take and are out.
- Take one more spoon out from the pile and repeat until there is only one player left, who is the winner.