You will need:
- 4 bowls.
- Dried peas.
- Sort young people into two teams.
- Each player has a straw.
- On the start side is a chair for each team with a bowl of dried peas (3 for each player on the team), on the finish side is a chair with an empty bowl for each team.
- Each player must use the straw to pick up a pea, by sucking and maintaining the suction.
- They then take the pea to the finish side, release it in their bowl and run back to tag and let the next player go – this is repeated until one of the teams’ start bowls are empty OR you can set a timer and see at the end which team has managed to transfer the most peas!
- Please note: Your dried peas must be bigger than your straw opening or someone may accidentally choke by sucking the pea up the straw, so please check your peas!